FileVista is a web based file management solution developed with ASP.NET technology. Basically, it will turn your standard browser into "Windows Explorer" like user interface and allow managing files on your web server on the fly. It's a complete replacement of traditional FTP, allowing you to manage files on your web server just with a web browser instead of a FTP client that you would have to install on the client computer first. It also provides extended features which are impossible with FTP such as zipping and unzipping files on the fly.
- Multi-User infrastructure, every user can have different permissions and quota limits on folders.
- Administration page to manage users/groups/root folders on the fly.
- Upload upto 2GB of files with progress bar! Minimal use of server resources with upload/download.
- Zip/Unzip files !
- Cross browser, works with most modern browsers. Tested with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Ability to log events (audit trail). The following events are logged for each user: Login, Logout, Failure, Browse, Create, Delete, Rename, Copy, Move, Compress, Extract, Upload and Download
- Fast response: communicates with the server via XML, no reloading of the pages
- Stunning user interface rendering, extending the limits of a web application.
- Easy and fast folder navigation with tree view.
- Fast file listing, client-side sorting on the fly.
- Context menus for a neat and simple user interface.
- Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 or Windows XP / Vista running IIS (Internet Information Services) 5, 6 or 7
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
- No dependancy on any 3rd party components.
- Works with most of the modern browsers. Currently confirmed browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0
Firefox 1 and 2